From the Google Mapplets page:
Mapplets are currently only available in a special Developer Preview version of Google Maps at: http://maps.google.com/preview
I have submitted my Boulder Bike Paths mapplet to the Google Mapplets Gallery. Until the mapplet is (hopefully) accepted by Google, you can always add it manually by:
- browse to http://maps.google.com/preview
- click on the Mapplets tab
- click on Add content
- Towards the top of the Google Mapplets Gallery page, there is a Add by URL link. Click it.
- When prompted, add the following URL: http://cyclinginboulder.googlepages.com/MappletBoulderBikePaths.xml
- return Back to Google Maps
- Now you should see Boulder Bike Paths in your Bookmarks list. If you select the box immediately to the left of the Boulder Bike Paths, the bike paths should show up on your map and then you can keep that data visible as you proceed to perform additional Google Map searches.
This is one step closer for me in my quest to have Google provide bike transportation maps as part of their network maps offerings.