I am hoping that my experiment will accomplish a number of things:
- make it easier for people to see how they can get to destinations on designated bike routes
- try my hand at Web 2.0 concepts -- it would be nice if other bike path users would also use My Maps to augment the current bike path map and then send me their KML data for inclusion in the larger map
- eventually this could be done for bike path networks in other locations
- and my final goal is for Google to take notice and include bike networks as a searchable/traceable (ie., directions) dataset in their Maps offerings
- and do it all without paying a penny for servers or applications (using GooglePages, My Maps and Blogspot).